Giraffe

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Weight Watchers Wednesday: Grilled Chicken Peach Pitas

For some reason I just can't get back into the routine of Weight Watchers. Over the summer I fell off the wagon and ever since I have trotted along beside it but have never fully got back on. I use the next week excuse ALOT!! I'm lacking motivation. I lost 2 lbs little over a week ago and a loss should be motivation, but not for me, I didn't go to the meeting this week because I didn't want to go alone (YET, ANOTHER EXCUSE)! The things I use to eat on a daily basis just don't sound good anymore. And I can't seem to get into the routine! So tomorrow is a new day and is the day for a change. I got a pretty, new, colorful aluminum bottle while in Houston so I will use the cheerful bright colors to help motivate me to drink 100 oz of liquid tomorrow and for the rest of the week!! Starting tomorrow, I will exercise at least twice this week. I will eat all of my points, not one less and not one more and track every bite online. I WILL attend my meeting on Saturday no matter the weather, the company I do or don't have walking in that door or what might be going on that I think is more important because NOTHING is more important than my health and be being around for my daughter, any future kids, future grandkids and if I'm lucky enough great-grandkids.

So if you see me, it's ok to ask how the diet is going, if I have accomplished all I said I would here today. I don't need compliments on what I have succeeded, I need motivation and encouragement to help me get back on that wagon and get this weight off so I can be a more active, healthy, happy and a beautiful (inside & out) individual!! I want to know what skinny feels like and looks like on me and I know I can do it!!

My goal from today - 50 lbs by May!! That's not my ultimate goal but lets make it there first and i will really feel accomplished to take the trek to the finish line!!!!


So with all that said here is today's recipe for success - this was taken from Weight Watchers eTools (modified just a tad as I do with most recipes depending on what is in my cabinet and fridge):

Grilled Chicken Peach Pita

1 tsp EVOO
1 medium garlic clove, minced
1/8 tsp table salt
1/8 tsp black pepper
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast
3/4 cup Minute Maid Light Orange Juice beverage
2 Tbsp Simply Fruit Apricot Spreadable Fruit
3 medium peaches sliced
8 Kangaroo Whole Wheat Pita Pockets
4 green onions chopped

In a shallow bowl, mix the OJ, preserves, oil, garlic, salt and pepper; set aside 1/4 cup of the marinade for basting. Add the chicken and peaches; refrigerate, covered at least 2 hours (The long it sets the more marinated it gets, as with most things).

Preheat Broiler; spray cookie sheet (this can be done on the rack but I think it makes a bigger mess) with nonstick cooking spray. Transfer the chicken and peaches to the sheet or rack. Broil 6 inches from heat until cooked through and peaches being to brown, basting with reserved marinade, 7-8 minutes on each side. cool slightly; cut chicken into slices.

Spoon chicken and peaches down the center of each pita pocket and top with chopped green onions.

Servings: 4 (2 Pita Pockets)
WW points: 7

I served this with couscous and grilled veggies.

2 comments:

Mommy said...

I see you getting back on that wagon--for ALL those reasons you listed because I KNOW how important they are to you!! You can do it!! You have proven you can do pretty much anything you set your mind to! You are my inspiration to get back on my diet and strive for 50 pounds by May!! Love you, beautiful person!!

rickylvaughn said...

Hey lady! I know you can do it because you already have. I get how easy it is to fall off, but that is why we are doing this together! So, me and you are on each others butts! NEVER doubt you aren't already that beautiful person BOTH places!

Oh and the pitas are the BOMB! I enjoyed them awesomely!