Today's blog is inspired from a good friend of mine (Cassie), while she was making her AMAZING Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies (as soon as I get the recipe I shall share), she asked about my pumpkin cupcakes that I had talked about previously and I haven't made them yet, so I decided to go ahead and make them tonight. They are DELICIOUS!! This is a recipe out of the Hungry Girl - Recipes and Survival Strategies for Guilt-Free Eating in the Real World Cookbook.
Caramel Pumpkin Pudding Cupcakes
For cupcakes:
2 cups moist-style yellow cake mix (1/2 of an 18.25-ounce box)
1 cup canned pure pumpkin
1/3 cup fat-free liquid egg substitute
2 tablespoons sugar-free maple syrup
2 teaspoons cinnamon
2 teaspoons Splenda no Calorie Sweetener (granulated)
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup water
For topping:
3 cubes (about 1 ounce) chewy caramel
2 teaspoons light vanilla soy milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine all cupcake ingredients in a mixing bowl. Whip with a whisk or fork for 2 minutes until well blended.
- Spray a 12-cup muffin pan with nonstick spray or line with baking cups. Evenly spoon batter into muffin cups. Place pan in the oven and cook for about 12 minutes (until cupcakes have puffed up but still appear a little gooey on top).
- Once cupcakes are cook enough to handle, arrange them closely on a place so that the edges are touching.
- Place caramel and soy milk in a tall microwaveable-safe glass or dish (mixture will bubble and rise when heated.) Microwave at medium power for 1 1/2 minutes. Stir mixture vigorously until smooth and thoroughly blended. (return to microwave for 30 seconds at medium heat if caramel has not fully melted.) Immediately drizzle caramel sauce over cupcakes.
Makes 12 servings
WW points: 2
Per serving (1 cupcake): 108 calories, 2 g fat, 188mg sodium, 21g carbs,
.5 g fiber, 12 g sugars, 2 g protein
-I doubled the recipe so i didn't have to waste or store the extra cake mix.

-Here is my recipe to the cupcakes:1 box Betty Crocker Super Moist Yellow Cake Mix
1 can of Libby's 100 % Pure Pumpkin
2/3 cup Egg Beaters Original
4 tsp cinnamon
4 tablespoons Cary's Sugar Free Maple Syrup
4 tsp Splenda
1/2 tsp ground cloves
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp ground nutmeg
1 tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp salt
2/3 cup water
-I followed all directions EXCEPT the last one about the icing.
-My Icing:
1 box Philadelphia Fat Free Cream Cheese
1 tsp fat free milk
1 tbsp powdered sugar
1/4 cup Hershey's Classic Caramels Sundae Syrup Fat Free Caramel
- Placed all four ingredients in the microwave safe bowl and microwave 30 seconds at a time stopping to stir until well mixed and mixture is a smooth consistency.
- Spoon out on top of warm cupcakes -- you must work quickly as the icing hardens quickly and gently top them because the cupcake tops are very fragile as they are pudding consistency.
- I then sprinkled cinnamon on top of each cupcake
Makes 18 cupcakes
WW points: 3
**So mine aren't as pretty as the Hungry Girl photo but they sure are TASTY!!**
1 comment:
Sounds yummy! I love caramel, so I'll have to give this one a try!
Post a Comment