Giraffe

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Holy Squash Batman!!




If you plant seeds, they will grown and when they grown, they will become plants.  These plants then produce copious amounts of produce.  We and our friends might be squashed out by the end of the summer.  If you are coming to dinner at our house this summer you might as well get your taste buds ready for squash!!!
Sunday we filled a 5 gallon bucket with squash and radishes....here was our first squash harvest:

Monday I found this:

Tuesday I found this:

Wednesday I forgot to take a pictures but there were 2 green and 4 yellow.
Unfortunately I wasn't available to pick on Thursday and Friday.  Saturday I had the following waiting for me in the garden!

I can't wait till our tomato plants start producing like this!!!  I LOVE ME some home grown tomatoes, plus the large bushes of cilantro aren't doing me any good if we don't have peppers, onions or tomatoes yet!!
Isabella's pumpkin's are really starting to grow.  We have probably 10-15 baby pumpkins growing now and many more on their way.  I'm a bit afraid that we will have more pumpkins than we know what to do with since I've never baked with anything other than canned pumpkin.
 
Lots of blooms on the cantaloupe and several tiny watermelon.

We also pulled up some onions that were delicious and I put them in our potato stir fry we had for dinner.
I put together a small bag of red potatoes, snow peas (from the garden), green & yellow squash (from the garden), jalapeno (from the garden), garlic, lemon juice, salt, pepper and Italian seasoning....YUMMY!!! They were soooo good.

Maybe I'll start trying to sell the squash for $.25 each....what do you think??  Maybe I'll try the sell with Sandi's co-workers first and then go from there.
And for the finale...here are a few of my flowers that are FINALLY starting to bloom...

1 comment:

Marina said...

I had no idea you were so talented! If I were to attempt gardening, I know I would kill the plants before they were able to sprout! :)