So I'm not generally a person of As Seen On TV products but Carol Wright Gifts suckered me in for a few things. Our family LOVES strawberries and they had in their magazine KING KONG STRAWBERRIES. They were advertised to be the size of peaches. Well, we shall see. I ordered 12 plants and here is how they looked when they arrived.
I planted 6 in a hanging basket, their suggestion, and then I planted the remaining 6 on our strawberry mound in the garden. Who knows, I'm hope for strawberries small or large but I hope even more for a growing thriving plant!
I also was suckered in for a Mosquito Repelling Plant, actually 4 of them. I did my research and yes they are a real thing, it just so happened I got mine mail order. Hey, if you get bites like my daughter and I, you would also be willing to spend your money on ANYTHING if you had the slightest thought it might actually help repel the mosquitoes the teeny tiniest bit. So they also arrived yesterday. They looked much sadder than the strawberries but I have faith.
A Note included with the Mosquito Repelling Plants read: A trip through the mail is not always easy. If your Mosquito/Citronella arrives with some leaves showing a yellow color or have fallen off. DO NOT BE CONCERNED. The plant will green up after a short time. WATER THOROUGHLY UPON ARRIVAL. After that, water only when it feels dry. This plant does not want to be kept wet.
SO, lets hope it greens up a bit cause it looks more towards knocking on deaths door right now and that it is the cure all for mosquitoes. If so, I may be buying an orchard next year.
I did pass on the fruit salad tree that I so desperately wanted but in my research I didn't find much positive feedback on them and this late in the planting season I decided in my infinite wisdom it was probably better to save my $25 for my orchard of mosquito bushes next year.
Give it a month and I'll report back on how my as seen in Carol Wright Gifts magazine plants are doing.




No comments:
Post a Comment