Giraffe

Monday, November 16, 2009

Friends Welcome ~ Relatives by Appointment

Friends Welcome ~ Relatives by Appointment

This is a sign I saw in Cato a few weeks ago and i thought it was pretty funny and seemed to be very fitting for my weekend.

Alan went out of town on Wednesday - Friday to Albuquerque for a CLE (Continuing Legal Education). As I've already blogged about our gas line was cut on Tuesday and we didn't have gas running to our house until late Thursday evening. Wednesday my dad came in town to watch Isabella for me while I went to the Dr on Thursday and that way he was here just in case my grandmother got released but unfortunately she is still in the hospital. Isabella had a blast with her Papa as always, they spent lots of time coloring, one of Isabella's favorite activities. He went back to Monahans Friday morning. Thursday my mom and Janell came into town so they could attend and watch Monahans play in the Regional volleyball tournament in Levelland on Friday and Saturday. Friday evening Isabella went with my mom to the volleyball game and seemed to have a really good time. She got to meet the Lobo and eat popcorn--yet another one of her favorites.


I'm not much of a believer in bad things happen on Friday the 13th but unfortunately my Friday the 13th was a bit of a nightmare. I went to feed my grandmother's pet goat and ended up having to look for him and found him dead. Most of you are probably thinking it's just a goat but this wasn't just any goat, this was Oscar. He was a family pet. My grandaddy raised him from when he was a baby he bottled fed him because his mother didn't have anything to do with him. He would ride around the farm in the golf cart next to my grandaddy, when you called him-he would come running and he LOVED apples as much as Isabella loved taking "Okar" apples! The hardest part was having to tell my grandmother about this very sad news on Sunday. She seemed to handle it ok but you could tell that a piece of her died inside. I hate seeing this pain for my grandmother.

On a happier note we spent Saturday morning with my mom and Janell and they left late morning and then we headed to Weight Watchers. I had lost 2.4 lbs. Hopefully this is the start of a trend and I will get over the hump I have been battling for a few months now! Alan is still maintaining of course. Saturday afternoon Alan's mom and sister Kari drove in to spend the night and visit with us. We had a really good time with them. I cooked Courtney's Taco Ring for dinner and then for breakfast we had the choice of Blueberry waffles or Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip waffles and eggs! Sunday, they hung around and played a game of Cranium before leaving mid-afternoon. Isabella definitely kept her Grandma and Aunt "Hairy" on the move and showed them a day in the life of Isabella.

Having a Blast with Grandma and the ball popper!!

Playing Guitar Hero with Daddy!


Posing for a pretend picture!

Loving on Aunt "Hairy"
Playing blocks

After they left, Alan recruited help from Ricky to dig a grave for Oscar and after getting Isabella down for her nap, I mowed the lawn and started the Christmas decorating process. As most of you know, I LOVE Christmas time and I LOVE decorating my house for Christmas and it is a definitely a process....my tree in itself is a process! We got the tree up and I started on the topper but didn't quite finish. I'm hoping to finish our family tree throughout this week and get some of my presents wrapped and then next Sunday work on getting Isabella's tree and my tree in my kitchen put up. Then all that will be left is the stuff that replaces my fall decorations that will come down after Thanksgiving! I Love this season, the weather and all of the Holidays!!

**Just had to share this picture---Friday when Alan got in, he gave Mady a bath because we had found a tick in our house unattached and we just wanted to take precautions. Madisyn was VERY unhappy about the bath which I never understand why when she will lay in water outside. Oh well...she is all clean, shiny and smells good now!!

**Yesterday was my brother and sister-in-laws anniversary. So I would like to wish Christopher & Rachel a Happy 1 year Anniversary! I hope y'all had an awesome day and wish for you many more years of happiness together! We love you two!**

First Dance

Bride & Groom Dancing with Isabella

Mother-Son Dance

2 comments:

Ricky said...

If you haven't seen Christin's tree, let me tell you, you should make the trip! It is a crazy extravaganza of color! Worth it folks!

Rachel said...

I'm so sorry to hear about Oscar! That's terrible, and I'm sorry that your grandmother had to hear the news while still in the hospital.

Thank you for thinking of us on Sunday! :-)