Giraffe

Thursday, November 12, 2009

Country Living

Country Living....the beauty of the clear blue sky, the land that sets me free, sweetness of the country air, Isabella just playing all around, this is the life I live and have GROWN to love (although I would much rather it be only a few miles less than 10 one way to a grocery store). I only wish today's Country Living was a story to publish in a fancy smancy magazine. However, my version on Country Living actually HOOVERS today!!! Yes I did forget Weight Watchers Wednesday yesterday but it will be back next week. I've been a little preoccupied! Sometimes I think that if it weren't for bad luck, we wouldn't have any luck. Not only is my grandmother still in the hospital and we aren't sure when she's coming home-we just know it could be any day and right now I am her sole 24/7 caretaker, our pediatrician has no available flu vaccinations and doesn't know when they will be getting any--advice: just keep calling back, now I have a toddler that has been running fever and has had crusted green snot all week, AND I haven't had gas in 3 days!!! No gas in my house means no heater and no hot water!! Thank goodness Alan and I were able to squeak out 2 quick warm showers Tuesday night and Alan left for Albuquerque for a CLE on Wednesday morning and won't be home until Friday night! I went into town last night and took a shower at a friend's house and luckily the nights haven't been too cool without a heater. I've played Little House on the Prairie since I've lived out here...foots of snow & no electricity for days and I don't like it one bit. This is about my extent of roughing it, so hopefully they will be able to get all the damage repaired and we will have heat tonight because dishes are stacking up to be washed, I would love to not have to travel for a shower, we have company coming tonight and we will have company in and out until Monday morning AND the weatherman reports there are cold nights approaching us!! So keep your fingers crossed that today is the day they will have the gas line fixed!! I hope everyone has a WONDERFUL weekend!!

No comments: