Our Saturday started out as a usual...up, get ready and running in late to our weekly weight watchers meeting in Lubbock...which I hate to admit doesn't start until 12:15. Also unfortunately for me I had noticed via commercial that Olive Garden was having their Never-Ending Pasta Bowl going on right now. If you know me...you know I LOVE PASTA, I LOVE OLIVE GARDEN and I LOVE NEVER-ENDING PASTA BOWL and all of that doesn't equal Weight Watcher Friendly!! I don't love the never ending because of the amount but the fact that I can try some different sauces that I would never try if it was my only bowl of pasta that i had to eat. So we indulged but come to find out....we really hadn't splurged too much or dipped into our Flex Points too bad. We ran a few errands (actually walked) and did a little shopping and the last thing we did was pick up a sign that I had had made as a wedding gift for a friend! Upon picking up this sign I came to a realization that I too could make this sign.
Ricky reinforced the fact that I could and I immediately headed to Hobby Lobby to obtain the supplies. We then came home and Ricky and I got to work. Here are a few of our creations.
For some reason this one won't upload correctly!!Sorry, just turn your head sideways!! ;)


So I think this is going to be a new hobby for me along with my invitation and cake making. If you are interested or know anyone that is...I'll take orders, just let me know. They could be a good wedding/birthday/Christmas/Teacher gift or just a sign for a special occasion or holiday. I hope to try and sale them in a craft fair if I can find one or maybe try to sell some on eBay for a little extra cash. I'll post pictures of future creations as we make them. I love scrap booking and I have a lot that I need to get done but I'm too much of a perfectionist and it takes forever for me to decide how I want to set it up. Although with this, it just came to me and it would take me about 5 mins to set up and from start to finish depending on the size it would take me anywhere from 10-20 mins to finish one sign. I loved it and I had a blast being crafty again.
No comments:
Post a Comment