Giraffe

Monday, February 8, 2010

Day 8.....and Day T -3

11:38 and I’m climbing in bed catching up and cleaning out some DVR. Day 8 without internet…this is getting extremely frustrating, trying to pay bills on my phone was a nightmare. The past few days have been extremely cold and foggy. But on Friday it was warm enough that we went outside for a little bit and I pulled out one of mine and my brother’s favorite toys…The Wonder Horse…and Isabella LOVED it!! She rode him, fed him, and petted him. It was even warm enough that my grandmother came out and sat on the porch for a little bit wrapped up in a blanket. Saturday the guys tried to get outside and finish up the swingset but it was too chilly, Isabella played outside for a little bit and didn’t want to come in but they said her little hands were frozen. Believe it or not they are ALMOST finished. All they need is the slide and to hang one more swing. Hopefully the next pretty day and it will be FINISHED!!!!! While they were out freezing their tootsies off, they allowed me to spend some girl time with Jennifer. It was really nice. Although we just ran a few errands and mostly did shopping for my kiddo it was still really nice to have some girl-grown-up time. Thank you to the man who invented the baby monitor (they aren't just for babies....they work great for the elderly too)...Sunday I had help from Sandi, Alan, and Ricky and we managed to get some major cleaning done at my house. I even took down the curtains and washed them and moved all of the furniture and cleaned under it. Alan took care of potty duty so I only have 3 other rooms to get clean and the laundry is only knee deep now. I’ll probably still have a Christmas tree and Christmas decorations still up for Hollie & Caitlin’s visit but that’s ok, the house will be clean. Maybe I’ll get time before May to get my Christmas things put away! Today Isabella spent most of the morning painting. She had so much fun -- believe it or not (Grandma & Grandpa Thompson) she did sit still for longer than 5 seconds….she actually sat in one chair and painted about 5 pages for an hour. We had a really good time today and then tonight before bed Alan and I got a little bit of cleaning done in the kitchen. Hopefully my dad will be here tomorrow to offer some help since Alan will be staying in Hobbs the next two nights preparing me again for the weeks to come--come April. We will see the countdown has started and my house HAS to be CLEAN!!!

1 comment:

rickylvaughn said...

and it looks great little lady! you did, yeah you know you did it!