Giraffe

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Weight Watchers Wednesday: IS BACK.....for this week at least!

Since I have been slacking in the Weight Watcher Wednesday recipe department, I will try to make it up to you by providing you with two delicious recipes. Let's have dessert first, shall we or maybe just double dip.

Yes I know Thanksgiving has come and gone but who is to say that is the only time you can have pumpkin pie? Here's the recipe for the low point pumpkin pie I fixed this Thanksgiving.

Pumpkin Pie


1 9-inch Pie Crust (Pillsbury)
1 can (15oz) pure pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling) (Libby's)
1 can (12oz) fat-free evaporated milk
1 tablespoon I Can't Believe It's Not Butter Stick, softened
1/2 Egg Beaters
3/4 cup Splenda
2-1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
1/4 tsp ground cloves
1/8 tsp nutmeg
1-2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp. salt
2 tsp. vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat a 9-inch deep-dish pie plate with nonstick cooking spray and place pie crust in plate.
2. Blend all ingredients together in a blender on high speed for 1 minute, or place all ingredients in a large bowl and beat 2 minutes with a hand beater. Pour mixture into pie plate.

3. Bake 1 hour, or until a knife inserted in center comes out clean.

4. If you prefer chilled, Let cool then cover and chill at least 2 hours before serving. We let ours cool and served at room temperature.

**If desired and you want to fancy this up, top with dollops of fat free whipped cream/cool whip and a cinnamon stick.
Serves: 8
Weight Watcher Points: 4

**To make it even lower points you can take out the pie crust and make it crust less...in doing so add 1/2 cup Heart Smart Bisquick Mix in with everything else!! Supposedly this Impossible Pie will make it's own crust.

Serves: 8
Weight Watcher Points: 2

This next recipe is for my husband...I haven't made these but he has wanted me to, sooo...maybe i will get after it while he is gone next weekend and have a surprise waiting for him Sunday night....shhhh, don't tell. I got this recipe from the Weightwatchers.com website.

Black Bean Brownies


2 spray(s) cooking spray, flour-variety recommended
1/2 cup(s) canned black beans, rinsed and drained
1/4 cup(s) black coffee, strong
1/2 cup(s) unsalted butter
4 oz bittersweet chocolate
4 large egg(s)
1 1/4 cup(s) sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/8 tsp table salt
1 cup(s) all-purpose flour

*When I make them I will more than likely use I Can't Believe It's Not Butter sticks, Egg Beaters and Splenda which will drop the points as well!! Allowing more brownie for your points!!

Instructions
Preheat oven to 350ºF. Coat a 9- X 13-inch pan with cooking spray; line with aluminum foil and coat foil with cooking spray.
In a blender or mini food processor, process beans with coffee until smooth; set aside.
In a double boiler over very low heat, melt butter and chocolate.
Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, using an electric mixer, beat eggs and sugar until light and fluffy. With mixer on low speed, add melted chocolate to eggs; incorporate well. Add black bean mixture, vanilla and salt; mix well. Add flour; combine thoroughly on low speed.
Pour batter into prepared pan and bake until a tester inserted in center of brownies comes out clean, about 25 to 30 minutes. Remove pan to a cooling rack. After 10 minutes, remove brownies from pan by pulling up on foil and placing brownies on cooling rack to cool more. Cut into 24 pieces and serve. Yields 1 piece per serving.
Serves: 24
WW Points: 3

Notes
Customize this basic recipe with instant espresso, a teaspoon of cinnamon or 1/4 teaspoon of cayenne pepper. Great served with whipped cream or powdered sugar, or topped with walnuts (could affect POINTS values).

No comments: