Oh, what shall a parent do without their kid for a week?? My mom took Isabella home on Saturday and my dad has been keeping her all week while my mom is at school. The original plan was for them to take her for the week so I could get some things done around the house, have a CT scan done on my head, take my grandmother to the pain doctor, beauty shop and to sign some legal work.
So lucky for us, Alan and I got a night to ourselves and we took advantage of that by heading into town to see Star Trek! Not my pick, but I wasn't completely bored out of my mind. There are plenty of chick flicks coming out that I will recapture the time lost while watching it. However, unfortunately I started feeling sick on the way home with a sore throat...that progressed into Sunday and by Monday I WAS SICK!!! Miserably sick, so that I moved from the bed to the couch and didn't move till I went back to bed Monday night!! So there goes 2 full days, kidless, LOST!! Oh, I forgot to mention, besides going to church and the tad bit of yard work done, Sunday, wasted away at a church pot luck, swimming, soaking up the sun, nairing, Cujo's & delicious bar food (that we paid for eating later).
Brandee Helping me undecorate my Christmas Tree!!
The ornaments
It's almost all the way out!!
Day 5 & 6 entailed a trip to the beauty shop and lawyers office and a quick trip to Lubbock. I did manage to get the dishes washed, pick up the bathroom and some of Isabella's room....and saved the final projects of tackling our room and the storage to organize stuff for a garage sale for a later date (maybe when my mom gets out of school). After 6 days of being kidless I really am missing my little booger! She won't talk to me on the phone, Barney, outside, the trampoline or just her Grammie or Papa are too much excitement and she doesn't have the time to say Hi Mama or I love you (but I know she does)!! Boy will I be glad to see her when we get to Monahans tonight!! I thought I was ready to let her spend a couple of weeks with her Grammie & Papa at a time...but I just don't think her daddy nor I are ready for that!! After about 4 days of a quiet uncluttered with toys house and 3 good nights of uninterrupted sleep, we start to miss the little stink and don't quite know what to do with ourselves!! We LOVE YOU ISABELLA and can't wait to see you!! So after a busy semi-eventful week, all was accomplished except for my CAT scan that will take place at 8:30 Tuesday morning!! Please keep me in your prayers that they find out what is causing the neck pain and headaches and that it is nothing serious.
No comments:
Post a Comment